Three Steps to Healthy Skin During Fall and WinterOctober 16, 2012
As colder air (eventually) blows into town, you’ll notice that the dry air outside will start to take a toll on your skin. Several factors contribute to dry, rough and cracked skin. The climate, what you eat and the water you bathe in can all affect your skin.
3 steps to healthy glowing skin during the winter season.
Eat More Chocolate. No, Really.
- Dark chocolate (70% cacao or higher) will enhance your skin’s natural luminosity.
- Cocoa contains antioxidants.
- Cocoa hydrates skin.
- According to FitnessMagazine.com, a couple of squares a day should be enough to improve your skin quality.
Find the Right Moisturizer for You and Use it Correctly.
- If you have sensitive skin, avoid any lotions with alcohols or the perfumes.
- For dry skin, a thicker lotion is needed.
- For face lotions, choose the lotion designed for your skin type to avoid breakouts (oily, dry, combination etc.).
- Apply lotion to damp skin to trap in the moisture (within three minutes after showering).
- Body lotions should not be applied to your face. They are often too heavy for the face’s sensitive skin.
- Apply your moisturizer liberally. The colder it gets, the more you will need.
Switch to Soft Water
- The minerals in hard water prevent you from getting fully clean.
- Pore-clogging soap scum is left on your body.
- Soft water allows your body’s natural oils to replenish and moisturize your skin.
- Soap and body washed emulsify quickly in soft water, allowing you to use less products that contribute to dry skin.
- That slippery feeling associated with soft water means you’re actually clean! That’s what skin feels like sans soap scum!
- Drink more water! Water prevents dehydration, detoxifies the body, increases metabolism, decreases appetite and is seriously essential to the largest organ on your body.
- According to LiveStrong.com, besides moisturizing your skin, water also increases elasticity and replenishes skin cells and tissues.
These three easy steps can change the way your skin looks and feels. To get the water that will treat your skin right, come check out a water softening system in San Antonio at Kinetico.