Sippin’ on Summertime: Creative Drinks for Hot WeatherAugust 6, 2014
Stay hydrated with these drinks.
There’s nothing like the first sip from a sweating glass of ice-cold refreshment during a hot, Texas summer. Instead of sodas and other super-sugary drinks, quench your thirst with something pure. Infusing teas and fruits with perfectly purified water can create drinks with the fruity and refreshing summer flavors you crave. In the spirit of health and hydration, we’d love to share a few of our favorite summer drinks here at Kinetico San Antonio that the whole family can enjoy.
Sweet Pineapple Strawberry Spa Water
Ever wonder what relaxation tastes like? It’s time to introduce your taste buds to Sweet Pineapple Strawberry Spa Water. It’s healthy. It’s delicious. It’s nothing but fresh fruit, pure water and peace of mind.
- 1 organic pineapple (Cored)
- 1 (large) carton of organic strawberries
- Ice and purified water
- Rinse and slice the pineapple and strawberries. (Save a few pineapple slices for garnishing.)
- Decoratively layer ice and fruit in a glass pitcher.
- Fill glass pitcher with purified water
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow the fruit to infuse
- Serve in individual glasses garnished with a slice of pineapple.
Strawberry Hibiscus Tea Lemonade
What’s more delicious and refreshing than lemonade? Add a few juicy strawberries! What’s more wonderfully quenching than strawberry lemonade? Add hibiscus tea! The end result is a fantastically floral twist on an Arnold Palmer that I dare you to not enjoy. This recipe requires a little more know-how, but is worth every drop.
- 6 cups purified water
- 6 hibiscus tea bags
- 2 lbs. of strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 glass pitcher
- 1 heatproof bowl
- 1 sieve
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Bring to boil in saucepan until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring purified water to a simmer in a small saucepan. Once hot, remove from heat.
- Add tea bags, and steep for 30 minutes.
- Discard tea bags and pour tea into a pitcher. Let cool completely.
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Set the heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Heat for about 25 minutes or until strawberries release their juices.
- Strain through a sieve into the pitcher. (Stir, DON’T press strawberries, or juice will appear cloudy.)
- Add lemon juice and simple syrup to the pitcher and stir.
- Serve over ice in individual glasses
Those are our two favorite summer sips for both newbies and practiced infusers. Remember to stay hydrated this summer. For a steady supply of purified water, consider installing a quality water purification system in your home.
Trusted by San Antonio Companies and Homes
Kinetico Water Softeners are rated 4.9 out of 5 from over 1,000 reviews.
We're very glad we got this installed. The technician, Alberto, was very polite and thoroughly explained what he was doing and what we would need to do.
Alberto kept me informed on his arrival time. He was professional and exceeded my expectations concerning the install of the water filtration system. I also need to put a plug in for Tracy for her patience and skills at making things happen behind the scenes...a true unsung hero. They both deserve a raise!
I just had my system installed by Alberto and Jay, and I wanted to say that they rocked. Got it all in and gave me some instructions to follow, all while being determined to detail and professional. Thanks, fellas.