You see a lot of lists on the Web with helpful, everyday hints to drink more water. Most of them are full of great advice, so you really can’t go wrong. But here are the Kinetico San Antonio top five ways to drink more water (hopefully from a Kinetico drinking water system!).
- Keep a reusable water bottle at your work desk – How many of us down coffee in the office just because it’s there and readily available? So why not change that habit to downing water instead? Keep a sports bottle of ice-cold water on your desk. And maybe your company has branded water bottles. That way it doubles as a little marketing as well.
- Drink a glass of water before dinner – Drinking a big glass of water anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour before a meal should help you eat less. So it’s a double win!
- Drink water during one meal – If you’re going to drink water before a meal, it only makes since to recommend drinking water during your meal. Start slow. If you drink tea or soda with your food, change that to water for one meal a day. Pretty soon you’ll realize you don’t really miss the other stuff.
- Take a reusable water bottle with you while driving – This is a favorite practice of some of my close family members. Every time we leave the house to run errands, etc., they grab a sports bottle and fill it with ice water. That cures any cravings to stop at a drive-thru for a coffee or soda.
- Substitute water during a craving – Speaking of cravings – any time you’re craving a candy bar or junk food, try drinking a big glass of water instead. You don’t want to deprive yourself of food, but junk food isn’t providing any nutritional value anyway. Water can be pretty productive in squashing those cravings.