Nowadays, there is a cream, serum and potion for just about everything. More than ever, people are fighting the hands of time and the symptoms of aging with different products. However, the simplest, least expensive remedy to aging is closer than you think – the faucet of your sink!
That’s right! Drinking water is the most basic and effective way to keep yourself looking young and healthy. To prove it to you, we’ve provided some beauty benefits to drinking water. So sit back and start sipping.
- Drinking plenty of water keeps your skin hydrated, giving you a youthful glow. Water also fills in and plums the skin, getting rid of unwanted wrinkles.
- Not only that, but water also flushes toxins out of your body. So if you have trouble with acne, increasing your water intake will make a noticeable difference in the appearance of your skin.
- Also, using cold water on your face reduces redness and the appearance of acne. Washing your face with warm water open your pores, so if you follow with a cold wash cloth over your skin, it will seal your pores and prevent clogging.
- Drinking water triggers the circulatory system in your body, which controls hair follicle stimulation. The increased follicle stimulation enhances hair growth. So if your hair “just doesn’t grow” try upping your water intake and see if it doesn’t make a difference.
- Just like your skin and hair, your nails are fed from the circulatory system. Drinking lots of water will help blood flow to your nails and make them grow longer, stronger and healthier.
Water is essential for life, but proves to also have a serious effect on our appearance. Think of Spongebob when he’s left out of water for too long. That’s how our skin feels when we deprive it of the water it needs. Don’t be a Spongebob. Practice drinking more water every day, and I promise you’ll see and feel a difference in your hair, skin and nails.